God's Work Our Hands Storytellers (formerly known as "Mission Interpreters"):
- Share stories of the ministries of the Northeastern Pennsylvania Synod and the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America with members of congregations in an effective and compelling manner.
- Provide a vehicle for two-way communication between congregational members and the wider church
- Thank the people of the Northeastern Pennsylvania Synod for their continued financial mission support to the ministries of the larger Church
Benefits to Congregations:
- Members are helped to look beyond the congregation and see how they are connected personally to mission and ministry around the world.
- Members understand their identity as partners in the wider church, becoming strong advocates for the mission and ministry we share beyond the congregation throughout the NEPA Synod and the Church-wide organization.
- Visits can be arranged for a Storyteller to visit with your congregation to share stories during the sermon time, Temple talk, in a Sunday School presentation, at a Bible Study class, or at a Congregational Council meeting.
- “Mission-minded” congregations grow in membership and in spirit!
Stories of Faith in Action
Local, national, and global impact stories from around the NEPA Synod and the ELCA are available to share with your congregation! These stories that share the ministries of doing God’s Work, with our hands, are regularly added to the Synod's website. The stories are easily transferable to the communication platforms you use - they are ready for a newsletter, website or social media page!
Click here to see all the stories available.