2014 Adult Lutherans Organized for Action (ALOA) Adult Ministry Fest
When: Saturday, September 6, 2014, 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
What: Engaging speakers, inspirational music, and creative workshops. All will feature “take home” ideas and starter material for personal faith development as well as intergenerational and adult programs for congregations.
Lunch: A modest registration fee of $15 will cover the cost of lunch for all participants.
Stronger Together: A special luncheon for rostered and adult leaders will introduce the concept of an electronically-linked network of congregations committed to adult ministry.
Author of a five-book series on discipleship called Going Deeper: A Journey with Jesus, Pastor Herman will present a keynote address with a focus on adult Christians growing in faith and living a faithful life where they are. As adults move through the various seasons of life, we face the need to make new beginnings and the challenge of finding new opportunities to be vital members of the Body of Christ.
Click these links to—
- Download a brochure that includes the schedule and a registration form
- Download a bulletin insert with registration form
- Register online
Deadline for registration: August 25
What is an ALOA Adult Ministry Fest?
ALOA Adult Ministry Fests—
• Nurture the faith of individual participants;
• Support adult ministry in their congregations and local communities;
• Spark the formation of networks of church and organizations committed to ministry by, with, and for adults age 50 and better.
Adult Lutherans Organized for Action is a nationwide resource to the church that strengthens ministry by and for adults aged 50 and above. ALOA was the first and remains the only inter-Lutheran organization focused on ministry for this age group.—